Anchorage 17.0 °F
Fairbanks -16.0 °F
Juneau 27.0 °F
Four units were affected by the Muldoon and Creekside Ctr. fire that occurred between 6:30-7:00 Friday evening.
At approximately 6:30 this evening, Anchorage Fire Department and APD received a call from a neighbor who witness smoke coming out of their neighbors house. When authorities responded, the smoke had transformed into a structure fire, setting a third of the townhouse ablaze.
Fire fighters told Your Alaska Link, who was first on the scene, the cause of the fire was due to a hot kitchen stove left on that was unattended for at least an hour.
When Your Alaska Link arrived, the house was completely engulfed, but after 20 minutes, fire fighters had the burning house under control.
No one was injured.