Anchorage home total loss in fire

An Anchorage home was a total loss after an overnight fire.

Tools

by Associated Press

ANCHORAGE- An Anchorage home was a total loss after an overnight fire.

The Anchorage Fire Department says in a release that everyone was able to get out of the home in the city's Spenard neighborhood.
Firefighters received the call about 11:15 p.m. Wednesday, and responded with 12 units.
Fire department spokesman Al Tamagni says in a statement that the house was "heavily engulfed in flames" when they arrived.
The fire was started by an electric portable heater in a utility room. Tamagni says it was placed too close to a pile of clothes.
Tamagni says space heaters should be kept at least three feet away from any objects.

Add a comment

Name:

Comment: 1000 Characters Left

Coastal Television | AK News, Weather and Sports | and its affiliated companies are not responsible for the content of comments posted or for anything arising out of use of the above comments or other interaction among the users. We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit user-generated content at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so or to monitor any Public Forum.