Fairbanks carbon monoxide poisoning sickens 3

Three people are recovering from carbon monoxide poisoning blamed on a faulty boiler at a building that houses a Fairbanks nonprofit organization.

Tools

by Associated Press

FAIRBANKS- Three people are recovering from carbon monoxide poisoning blamed on a faulty boiler at a building that houses a Fairbanks nonprofit organization.

The three people sickened at the Love INC building were hospitalized after becoming ill Friday. All have been released from Fairbanks Memorial Hospital.
Those sickened are the organization's executive director, Debbie Cloninger, clearinghouse director, Tina Basile, and an employee's 12-year-old son.
The organization, which functions as a clearinghouse for local charities, will be closed until a new boiler is installed early next week.
Cloninger says she and Basile began feeling ill at about 4 p.m. Friday. The boy was also feeling ill and he eventually passed out.
Cloninger says they left the building after calling 911.

Add a comment

Name:

Comment: 1000 Characters Left

Coastal Television | AK News, Weather and Sports | and its affiliated companies are not responsible for the content of comments posted or for anything arising out of use of the above comments or other interaction among the users. We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit user-generated content at any time and for any or no reason in our absolute and sole discretion without prior notice, although we have no duty to do so or to monitor any Public Forum.