Anchorage 54.0 °F
Fairbanks 56.0 °F
Juneau 60.0 °F
Fairbanks carbon monoxide poisoning sickens 3
Three people are recovering from carbon monoxide poisoning blamed on a faulty boiler at a building that houses a Fairbanks nonprofit organization.
FAIRBANKS- Three people are recovering from carbon monoxide poisoning blamed on a faulty boiler at a building that houses a Fairbanks nonprofit organization.
The three people sickened at the Love INC building were hospitalized after becoming ill Friday. All have been released from Fairbanks Memorial Hospital.
Those sickened are the organization's executive director, Debbie Cloninger, clearinghouse director, Tina Basile, and an employee's 12-year-old son.
The organization, which functions as a clearinghouse for local charities, will be closed until a new boiler is installed early next week.
Cloninger says she and Basile began feeling ill at about 4 p.m. Friday. The boy was also feeling ill and he eventually passed out.
Cloninger says they left the building after calling 911.