Anchorage 52.0 °F
Fairbanks 46.0 °F
Juneau 50.0 °F
Prince of Wales Island Residents Still Missing
Four people missing since June from Prince of Wales Island remain missing.
The parents of 44 year-old Clinton O'Connor Jr. have not seen their son in months. In April, they went to his apartment and found his wallet, ID, and cell phone. It didn't appear he had been packing to go anywhere; there was food in the cupboards and no clothing seemed to be missing.
Mrs. O'Conner said she didn't think he son would leave without letting anyone know. He had a son and daughter from a previous marriage, and missed his daughter's graduation in May.
Additionally, two boys from the Thorne Bay area still have not been found. Laura Simmermeyer reported her sons Jacob, 12, and Toby, 14, were not in their beds the morning of June 2. Simmermeyer and the boys' father were in the midst of a divorce when the two went missing. In August, State Troopers considered the boys runaways.
A fourth person, 60 year-old Alan Landers, was visiting a home near Thorne Bay on August 2 when he said he planned to walk to an unnamed lake. He left the house wearing pants, tennis shoes, and a red t-shirt and carrying a fishing pole. He was reported missing when he didn't return home by 10 pm that night.
So far, there is no new information on any of the cases.