The Surfside building collapse death toll rose to 90 on Sunday, Miami-Dade County Mayor Daniella Levine Cava announced.Seventy-one of the 90 victims have been identified, with notice given to their families, officials said, while 31 people remain unaccounted for.”It’s also important to stress as we have before that we can only, truly account for a missing person who is deceased once the identification is made,” says Cava.FLORIDA STATE LEGISLATURE DIVERED 40% OF CONDO OWNER ASSOCIATION FEES INTO GENERAL FUND SINCE 2009: REPORTAfter inclement weather paused recovery efforts Friday, first responders resumed on the following day. Cava praised Surfside’s recovery team for assembling the largest non-hurricane response in the state’s history.On Saturday night, families of Surfside victims, along with first responders and members of the Israeli Defense Forces team assisting with the effort, joined together for a memorial walk on Collins Avenue. The walk commemorated, gave thanks and recognized “the enormous tragedy and extraordinary efforts” of all those who have worked together to contribute to rescue efforts.Cava further emphasized the support of the Israeli team and presented keys to the county “in recognition of their unrelenting dedication and passionate service to our community” to the Israeli commander and colonel. The Miami-Dade Fire Rescue presented them with badges, as well.The team departed Saturday and Sunday after a sendoff.CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APPSince June 24 the world has continued to mourn with Miami and the victims of the Surfside collapse. The recovery team has removed millions of pounds of concrete and debris since its collapse. A family’s cat was found alive during recovery efforts last week after more than two weeks. Recovery efforts will continue until the 31 who remain unaccounted for are found.
Haitian President Jovenel Moïse was assassinated overnight at his private home, according to a top government official who called the attack an “inhumane and barbaric act.”In a statement released by interim Prime Minister Claude Joseph, who will take over as interim president, Moïse was killed by an unidentified group. Some of the attackers were described as Spanish-speaking.TROPICAL STORM ELSA FORMS, HEADED FOR CARIBBEAN FORECASTERS SAYSThe first lady also suffered bullet wounds during the attack and has been hospitalized.Moïse, 53, assumed his presidency back in February 2017 following the resignation of his predecessor, Michel Martelly. Earlier this year, Haitian citizens and opposition leaders called for Moïse’s resignation.
FILE – In this Feb. 7, 2020, file photo, Haiti’s President Jovenel Moise speaks during an interview at his home in Petion-Ville, a suburb of Port-au-Prince, Haiti. Sources say Moise was assassinated at home, first lady hospitalized amid political instability. (AP Photo/Dieu Nalio Chery, File)
(AP Photo/Dieu Nalio Chery, File)The country has failed to progress under Moïse. Crime has spiked in the nation’s capital Port-au-Prince, more than half of the population earns less than $2 per day and the country continues to recover from catastrophic disasters of Hurricane Matthews in 2016 and the deadly earthquake in 2010.Under Moïse’s reign, Haiti failed to hold elections, instead ruling by decree.White House press secretary Jen Psaki called it a “horrific attack” in an MSNBC interview, saying the U.S. is still assessing the situation and that President Biden will be briefed this morning by his national security team.CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APPHaiti’s general elections were expected to be held later this year prior to Moïse’s assassination.Prime Minister Claud Joseph puts the nation’s security in the hands of the National Police of Haiti and the Armed Forces of Haiti.”Democracy and the republic will win,” he said in a statement Wednesday morning.The Associated Press contributed to this report.
A pair of dirt bikers pummeled a postman this week on a busy Brooklyn street, new video released by cops shows.The 57-year-old USPS mail carrier was on his route in Greenpoint, pushing his cart, around 6 p.m. Monday, when the duo attempted to block his path as he crossed the street — sparking an argument, police said. The victim continued walking, but the pair came up behind him at McGuinness Boulevard and Nassau Avenue, cops said.
A pair of dirt bikers pummeled a postman this week on a busy Brooklyn street, new video released by cops shows.
(Crime Stoppers/Twitter)He is shown on surveillance footage raising his fist in anticipation as the first suspect came up from behind and started punching and kicking him. WOMAN ‘TRAUMATIZED’ AFTER ALLEGED BELT BEATING BY NYC HOMELESS MANAs the postman fought back, the second biker pulled up and began to attack him, the clip shows. Two bystanders stepped in to stop the assault, according to the footage. CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APPThe suspects then fled south on McGuinness Boulevard on their bikes, cops said.The victim was taken to Woodhull Medical Center in stable condition, with broken bones and cuts on his face, cops said. No arrests have been made.READ MORE AT NYPOST.COM